Writing a Great MD&A
Learn Key Techniques and Understand the Regulatory Concerns to Craft a Strong, Effective and Compliant MD&A
Toronto, Ontario · June 6, 2018
|8:00 - 9:00
||Registration and Continental Breakfast
||8:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:15
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Leveraging MD&A for Shareholder Value
- MD&A and shareholder objectives
- Why should management develop a great MD&A?
- MD&A audiences: reconciling divergent self-interests
- Shareholder value levers
- Leveraging risk and capital management
- Governance and regulatory expectations
MD&A Best Practices
- Understanding and developing effective processes
- Importance of content over form
- Benefits of using plain language
- Maximizing the effectiveness of regulator and client comments on MD&A
- Monitoring the ongoing assessment of existing disclosures
- Clear financial statement implications
Difference Between Annual and Quarterly MD&Aamp;s
- Consistency in updating discussions
- Quarterly updates of risk factors
- Managing auditor involvement in interim reporting
|12:30 - 1:45
||12:30 - 1:45
Understand the Purpose of the MD&A
- How to identify your intended audiences
- How to assess material changes in financial conditions and operating results
- Reporting goals
- What needs to be disclosed and role in continuous disclosure
- Understand common challenges and errors in devising a comprehensive report
How to Leverage the MD&A to Attract Investors
- What are investors looking for?
- What can you include in your MD&A
- Positioning cash flow in strategic ways
- Making sense of data
- Turning the negative into positive
A Regulator's Perspective on the MD&A
- Regulatory requirements
- What are regulators looking to accomplish with an MD&A
- MD&A requirements
- Impact to shareholders and prospective investors
- Impact on dispute resolution
The Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) is one of the key parts of your financial reporting, and often one of the trickiest to master. It's not just about meeting technical requirements, or repeating the financial statements. An effective MD&A requires you to go beyond that and deliver corporate communication objectives.
To help you meet these challenges, Infonex is presenting an in-depth one-day workshop: Writing a Great MD&A.
Over the course of this seminar, you will go through the most important issues in disclosure requirements, best practices, and techniques for avoiding deficiencies. You will understand common challenges and errors in devising a comprehensive report, and you will get tips and tricks for improving your MD&A.
Infonex has been providing the Canadian business community with highly-rated training in accounting and reporting for over twenty years. This session promises to deliver those continued high quality standards.
Don't miss this chance. Learn to write an MD&A that provides investors and other users with material information that is crucial to an understanding of your company's operating performance, financial situation, and its prospects for the future. Register today!